Bruce D. Goodman
Personal injury and medical malpractice attorney Bruce Goodman has been with Steinberg, Goodman & Kalish since he was admitted to the Illinois Bar in 1974, and he has been its principal since 1980. Mr. Goodman practices in the areas of personal injury, product liability, and medical malpractice. He represents children and adults in cases against physicians, hospitals, nursing homes, and other health care providers. He has handled a wide variety of drug and product liability claims, including L-tryptophan and Copper 7 litigation. He also represents clients in product liability, construction, aviation, and automobile cases. Bruce Goodman has obtained many multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts for his clients. He obtained the largest verdict ever awarded in Kankakee County, Illinois.
Bruce Goodman is a frequent lecturer on trial techniques and advocacy for several professional organizations in Illinois. He is the author of Trying the Soft Tissue Injury Case in Illinois.
Bruce Goodman has been named as a "Leading Illinois Attorney" and is rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury Law
- Product Liability Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Illinois, 1974
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1979
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- De Paul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 1974
- University of Illinois
- B.A. - 1971
- Trying the Soft Tissue Injury Case in Illinois
Honors and Awards
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Named as a "Leading Illinois Attorney"
- Ranked as a Top Lawyer in Illinois / Super Lawyer
- Listed as one of the "Top 100 Trial Lawyers" by the American Trial Lawyers Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Medical Negligence Committee
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Product Liability Committee
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- AAJ - Birth Trauma Litigation Group, Member
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.