Third-Party Liability

Even though your accident occurred at work, your injuries might warrant more than a workers' compensation claim. In some situations, other people were clearly involved in the activities that led to your accident. Here, a skilled personal injury lawyer can advise you about the possibility of recovering monetary damages through a third-party liability claim. We can provide you with that advice. Learn more about how we can help you by contacting us online or by calling us at 888-325-7299.

At Steinberg Goodman & Kalish, our Chicago personal injury attorneys have experience guiding clients through even the most complex cases. Trust our thorough preparation, investigatory acumen and detailed knowledge of the law to move you toward a successful conclusion in the most efficient manner possible. No two cases are exactly alike. We offer a free consultation in order to discuss your situation and learn about the obstacles you might face if you pursue litigation.

Steinberg Goodman & Kalish

When you are hurt at work, a distinction must be made between pursuing a workers' compensation claim against your actual employer and bringing an action against a nonemployee who caused the accident. These third parties can be delivery drivers, subcontractors or product manufacturers.

These cases are complex and must be thoroughly researched to ensure an effective case strategy can be developed. Additionally, there is a significant difference between the damages that can be claimed between workers' compensation cases and civil cases. For example, most personal injury cases contain an element of pain and suffering, or mental anguish. These concepts are not included in the damages recovered in a workers' compensation case. We encourage you to contact our office to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case.

Contact the Firm

If you have questions regarding premises liability, schedule a free consultation with an attorney at Steinberg Goodman & Kalish. We will examine your situation and provide an honest case evaluation. Call us at 888-325-7299 or contact us by completing our online form.